Welcome to Prep R

FrankieMy BoysHello!  My name is Miss Richards and I want to welcome you to our fantastic Prep class.  I am excited to be your teacher this year and I can’t wait to meet you.   Our first day of school will begin on Tuesday, 28 January, 2014. On this day we will start building our classroom community and we’ll get to know each other a lot more.

This is my first time blogging.  Blogs are used to communicate and share information and ideas.  With this blog I hope to give parents more information on the goings on in our classroom as well as connect with like minded educators and classes around the world.  I’d like to take this time to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about me.

I was born and raised in the small town of Proserpine, not far from Beautiful Bowen where I enjoyed dancing, playing  netball, squash and golf.  In the hot summers, I loved swimming in the river, visiting the local beaches and islands and playing with my little sisters.  After high school, I decided to take a break from school and worked in the hospitatlity, travel and sailing industries.  I attended Central Queensland University where I received a Bachelor’s degree in Learning Managment, majoring in Early Childhood.

As I was graduating I was offered a position at Doomadgee State School in the gulf region of Queensland as a Prep Trial Teacher.  I taught there for two years as the Prep Trial Teacher before moving to Queens Beach State School here in Bowen.  Since moving to Bowen with my partner Mick we have purchased our first house here which we are continuing to renovate and have had two little boys, Mackenzie 4 and Ryan 2.  Just recently we have a new puppy.  His name is Frankie and he is an Australian Silky Terrier.  We love him very much!

My passion is working with children and I’m thrilled to be starting my 7th year here at Queens Beach State School. I am anxious to meet you and look forward to our first day of school.  See you soon!

Love Miss RichardsMy Partner Mick & I